About the P & C
The Westmead Public School Parents and Citizens Association is run by parents and community members of our school who volunteer their time. It is a volunteer not-for-profit incorporated association. Your support and participation are needed to continue the important work that the P&C does to support the school.
All P&C fundraising activities rely on parents giving their time freely. We encourage parents to become involved in P&C meetings and with the organisation, preparation or running of fundraising events.
You will receive regular invitations to P&C meetings via the school newsletters.
Meetings are held on Tuesdays in weeks 3 and 8 of each school term at 6.00pm in the Staffroom opposite the Front Office block. When attending meetings at night, please park in the Hawkesbury Road car park (gate 1).
PURPOSE of the P&C is to:
- bring school (Principal, staff & students), parents and community together to establish links to achieve the best educational and personal outcome for all students, together with meeting the needs of the school community
- provide opportunities for parents to communicate their needs to the school
- provide feedback about parent views on issues concerned with the education policies and wellbeing of students, the school’s systems and / or programs and
- provide funds to purchase additional learning or environmental resources needed by the school.
What does the P&C do?
- The P&C helps to meet the needs of our school community (parents, children and teachers) and contribute to decisions about the school by:
- aving P&C representatives on class teacher, Assistant / Deputy Principal and Principal selection panels
- applying for grants to improve the school grounds
- holding fund raising activities and allocating funds raised to purchase additional resources for the children to use at school.
- Parents are an essential part of the education process at our school and we invite you to play an active role by:
- joining the P&C ($1.00 membership fee)
- attending meetings and contributing ideas
- nominating for a P&C Executive or Committee position at the Annual General Meeting – in March
- helping / volunteering at P&C events.
As a financial member of the P&C Association you may move and vote on motions at meetings and stand for election on the Committee. If you choose not to pay the membership fee, you are able to attend meetings and activities of the P&C but not vote at meetings or hold positions on the Committee.
P&C meetings are one of the forums you can use to find out more about how school works and programs that will assist your child’s learning. You can:
- attend meetings and ask the Principal questions on general topics relating to the education of your child
- request presentations on specific topics by emailing the P&C on email@example.com . Your requests will be forwarded to the Principal for consideration.
The P&C needs your support and ideas. Your input is valued and most welcome.
While there is always a regular agenda to be followed, meetings are informal and friendly and give everyone a greater insight into the operation of the school and an opportunity to have their say.
To keep up to date with P&C activities register to receive the School’s electronic Newsletter or join us on our Facebook page - Westmead Public School P&C.